DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB welcome all visitors aged 18 Years and over regardless of ability or disability.
We aim to enforce the right for all DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB members and visitors to socialise in an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
To promote DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB as a social and friendly organisation, providing value for money to visitors, encouraging them to join as members.
To promote and offer members a wide range of social benefits and services such as, but not limited to,
- member only discounts
- monthly competitions
- various “Don’t Wait Up” events and additional ticketed events at reduced prices
- plus, an annual Christmas Dinner & Dance.
To work in partnership with any other club or organisation, operating with similar objectives, or those beneficial to DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB or its visitors & members.
To raise, collect, hold and expend monies for the furtherance of any of DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB’s objectives.
Members, visitors & SOCIAL BUDDIES have a right to:
- Enjoy their social club in an environment that is safe and without risk to health or well-being.
- Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by DISIABILTY SOCIAL CLUB and fellow users.
- Be informed and actively involved in all club events and offerings.
- Voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions to DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB.
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing personal information, unless consent is otherwise provided.
Members & visitors must:
- Sign in on arrival.
- Provide an emergency contact telephone number or address.
- Notify DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB of any changes to address or contact details for Carers details.
- Treat other members, visitors, SOCIAL BUDDIES and staff of venues (where a social club function is being held) fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy.
- Behave responsibly and ensure they conduct themselves in a manner which will not disturb the enjoyment of the event or discussion for other people or injure the reputation of DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB, its events, organisers, participants or sponsors.
- Pay any fees in relation to an event, or offering (e.g. tickets or memberships) which that member has committed to, regardless of whether the member attends the event or not.
Members & visitors must NOT:
- Not use their membership privileges to purchase tickets to any event or other offering, at a membership price, for non-members of DISABILTY SOCIAL CLUB (except for parties entitled to such prices as nominated from time to time).
DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB has a zero tolerance policy for,
DRUGS & ALCOHOL
No drugs are allowed on the premises.
(Only prescribed medication allowed)
Anyone who arrives under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be denied access!
Alcohol consumption during an event is the responsibility of the visitor/ member and/or carer. Bar staff & SOCIAL BUDDIES will remain vigilant and issue limit warnings if required.
(Anyone whom is intoxicated shall be politely asked to leave.)
Members or visitors using excessive offensive or obscene language to the point where it disturbs other attendees, will be given ONE warning. The second time the individual or group will be asked to leave.
HARASSMENT/ PHYSICAL / SEXUAL OR VERBAL ABUSE
Any reports or witness of abuse will result in the offending adult or group being removed and/or police being called.
If you experience or witness any of the following behaviour at a DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB event, or on the DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB websites or social media platforms, please report it immediately to a SOCIAL BUDDY or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Abuse: Verbal or Physical
Intolerance of a person’s religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Any violation of the Code of Conduct, or any action that DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB finds to be inappropriate or disruptive, will result in the offending member being removed from the event and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
The inappropriate behaviour of any members will be investigated, discussed and an appropriate course of action will be taken.
Multiple offenses will result in a termination of the membership, and a life-ban from DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB events. Severe breaches of the Code of Conduct will result in an immediate termination of membership
DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB reserves the right to revoke membership of any member, at any time.
Please note, having your membership terminated, or cancelling it yourself, will disqualify you from any long-running competitions you may have been entered into.
DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB is always looking for ways to improve. If you have any complaints or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us! DISABILITY SOCIAL CLUB is more than happy to address your concerns.
(We DO NOT provide Personal Care. If you require assistance please bring a Carer)